Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Maternity Leave

 Today is my last day of maternity leave and I am definitely going to miss my days of staying home with Katie Claire!  She has been such a dream baby which has made my 12 weeks off work so much fun.

My maternity leave was not a real reflection of what life would be like as a stay at home mom since our nanny was here the whole time I was off work.  I think that definitely Will transition to life as a big brother, and luckily now he really seems to like his little sister.  He often asks to hold her and he gives he hugs and kisses without any prompting. 

I am curious how he will do tomorrow when Loli takes both kids to the park.  I know he will love having her in the double stroller with him, but I wonder how he will respond when Loli has to feed her.

I really did treasure my days with Katie where we could just lay in bed and snuggle and where I could doze back to sleep for a few hours in the morning.  I will miss taking her to lunch and around town to meet friends for lunch.  I will miss seeing that smile and hearing those coos all day, but now I will anxiously await when the clock says 4:30pm each day.  Then I will have Will and Katie all to myself every afternoon!

Look at that light hair!

holding her head up

standing up!

No comments:

Post a Comment