In the past three weeks we have really grown attached to this little girl! She is a sweet baby who rarely cries and seems to appreciate sleeping! She has gone 5 hours between feedings the past two nights, and while I don't expect that it will continue, it sure has been nice!
At this point, most of the pictures I have of her are of her sleeping since she usually isn't awake for long periods of time just yet. Here are a few of our little sleeper...
I think it has finally hit Will that Katie is here to stay. He is now showing some signs of jealousy, namely he wants to be held by whoever is holding the baby. When I am holding the baby, he will come up to me and say "hold you" and will put his arms up for me to pick him up. We assume this comes from us asking "Do you want me to hold you?" We are working with him to say "hold me" but we all think "hold you" is really cute, so we aren't really that eager to correct him.
Today is a rainy day so I decided to take Will to the Children's Aquarium at Fair Park while Loli watched baby Katie. I figured some good one-on-one time with him might help the jealousy. The aquarium itself wasn't that much of a hit (although they do have a fun little area where you can hold hermit crabs and shells), but Will had a great time doing the following:
1. Playing in the gift shop. We spent as much time in the gift shop as we did in the aquarium.
2. Opening and shutting the big gates used during the state fair.
3. Sitting in the rain watching the buses come and go.
Today Chad watched Katie while Will and I played in an empty lot full of dirt. Will was in heaven! He climbed the piles, used his stick to dig holes, and pushed the rocks down the piles and would yell "rock slide!" He was covered in dirt as well as blue sidewalk chalk by the time we made it back home.
I have a feeling he will want to go back tomorrow. He is truly all boy.
In the middle of the night last night, I had just put Katie back to sleep and I was getting back in bed when I heard "Mommy, Mommy" from down the hall. I peeked at the monitor and I could see Will sitting up in bed. He doesn't usually wake up in the night, so I went down the hall to check on him.
When I went in his room, he said "Mommy, I brrr." I didn't get what he was saying at first so he tried again and I still didn't get it. So then, he said "coat!". I realized then that he was cold.
I turned off his fan, sang him a few songs, and then said goodnight and he went right back to sleep.
Just when I don't think it is possible, he gets cuter and sweeter!
Today I took Katie in for her 2 week checkup. She is doing great! When we left the hospital, she weighed 7 lbs 11 oz, and today she weighed 8 lbs 10 oz (75th percentile). She is now 20.25 inches long (50th percentile).
They gave her a clean bill of health, so we go back again when she is 6 weeks old.
Technically, last Saturday was our first Saturday as a family of four, but Chad and I were staying at Medical City. Will came to visit, but it wasn't the same as being home together.
Today has been awesome. It does help that the weather is dreamy with a temperature of 69 and sunny, but it has also been so fun to do things as a foursome. Chad and Katie took a nap on the sofa this morning, and this afternoon the four of us went to the park.
It was the best park day I have had in a while. I assume that is a combo of probably having some cabin fever as well as actually being able to chase Will around the park. It is such a good feeling to be able to move around again as it was hard to pick Will up and keep up with him towards the end of my pregnancy. Today was fantastic, and I hope tomorrow we will get to do it all over again.
One week ago today, this was me! Hard to believe that we have only known Katie a week as I feel like I have always loved her. She is a sweet baby who hardly cries (so far!) and enjoys sleeping (just like her mom).
We misplaced our camera and found it yesterday, so here are a few images from last Wednesday. I will work on getting some more pictures of her to share. We should definitely have some after this week as my friend Meagan (who takes awesome pics and has this blog) is taking her pictures tomorrow (weather permitting!) and Angie Weedon is taking them on Friday!
My friend Lauren has a daughter, Sophie, the same age as Will, and she had another baby girl, Ceci, here at Medical City just one day after Katie was born. We got the girls together yesterday for their first play date and this is pretty much the extent of their activity.
Today Ahma and Bapa brought Will up to meet his sister. They stopped in the gift shop and let him pick out a gift for Katie. He picked this little bear, and he took it right to her when he entered our room. He wanted to look at her and he even tried to give her a pacifier. He seemed interested in her for about 2 minutes then he was off to check out the sink and roam the hallway. He took a break to open his gift from Katie - a bunch of cars from the movie Cars. He loves that movie, and so we thought is was the perfect treat for Katie to give him. Hopefully this will help him with the transition from only to oldest!
Katie got her first manicure today! She was born with some long sharp nails that unfortunately have scratched her face. So I gave her her very first manicure. She seemed to enjoy being pampered and just slept through the whole thing.
I love these pictures because they show how tiny her little fingers are!
Katherine Claire Forsberg arrived on 2/2/2011 at 9:34am. She was 8 lbs 3 oz (just like her brother) and 19 inches long. She has quite a bit of dark blond hair and blue eyes. So far she has been a dream baby! She has slept for as long as 5 hours in one stretch! We are trying not to get too excited since this might just be part of the sleepy newborn stage, but she is a little angel. The pediatrician said she was perfect.
February 2, 2011 was an eventful day in Dallas. It was the second day of the ice storm, and we were concerned about getting to the hospital in time for my surgery. Luckily, the ride was easy and not too icy. The worst part of the drive was backing out of our driveway and driving down our alley to the street. However, the city pretty much shut down with school closing for 4 days and power outages throughout the state. Luckily, Katie Claire is all snuggled up and warm here at Medical City Hospital. She has had lots of family visitors so far and is being showered with love every minute of the day.
Will is 22 months old today! Today Will woke up an only child, and he will go to bed a big brother!
This month Will...
* missed Santa and all things Christmas. He still talks about Santa when we drive down the streets that fornerly had lights and Christmas decor.
* is loving his new room! In the morning, we can easily play in his room for an hour before we go downstairs. He calls my name when he wakes up, and usually waits for me to come in the room before getting down. I have been greeted with "I play" and also a "McQueen". He immediately gets off his bed and plays. The transition was much easier than Chad and I imagined it would be.
* fell in love with the movie cars. We got this to take on a road trip, but we didn't go anywhere so we watched it at home and it was an instant hit. He loves McQueen, Mater, Red, Flo and Mack. I'm sure he likes the others, but these few are requested by name.
* loves to climb ladders. He climbs them and acts like he is changing the light bulbs.
* likes to shop with me on Amazon.com. Well, really he requested that we look at trucks, star wars and things from the movie cars. He will sit on my lap and ask to look at certain things. When he sees items that he owns, he runs to get them and bring them to hold up in front of the computer. For the things he doesn't have and wants, he says "I play!" The items he appears to want include a McQueen he can ride in and some large digger trucks.
* still loves Star Wars and "sings" the Imperial March when playing with Darth Vadar. It is hilarious - I need to get a video soon.