Will is now doing this with his tongue when he runs. Is he destined to be an athlete?
Wednesday, January 26, 2011
So, with the transition, we have converted the nursery for Katie's arrival! I love the way cribs look when they are raised up for the little newborns and with a big fluffy bumper. We have a few things left to do - some wall decor, a valance, etc. - but otherwise we are ready for our little girl to arrive one week from today!
at 6:21 AM
1. They eat bananas.
2. The sound they make.
3. That on Go, Diego, Go, they always tell the Bobo Brother monkeys to "freeze!"
As a result, we took a stuffed monkey with us in the car on the way to the museum, and the whole way there, Will would tell his monkey to freeze (and he sticks his hand out like we would to tell someone to stop) and then make monkey noises. It was awesome. This is such a fun age!
Will loved the museum and we loved exploring Fairpark. I have only been a few times and mainly for the State Fair. There are lots of fun things for us to explore with Will, and it will be fun to enjoy some of these opportunities during the cold month of February where Will and Chad will have lots of one-on-one time together on the weekends.
playing with dad on the big mammoth
he loved sliding down the tusks
the two Forsberg boys
at 5:07 AM
Friday, January 21, 2011
Today I got to meet this little girl! Riley came over to pick Will up to go to Chick-Fil-A and the two of them left in the new double stroller. Will loved having Riley sit next to him. He kept patting the seat for her and saying "Riley sit down".
I hope he is chivalrous and offers to buy her kid's meal or at least opens the door for her to go to the play area.
at 10:44 AM
Sunday, January 16, 2011
unscrewing the light bulb
Trying to imitate "the guys" when they play the guitar behind their heads
Will trying to hide in the refrigerator - the door can almost shut with him in there!
coming out from hiding
at 7:05 PM
Wednesday, January 12, 2011
I was so excited to get it for him! We gave it to him early since we had a feeling he would be getting lots of other goodies for Christmas. The bike came, and Chad assembled it before Will woke up one morning. We were sooo excited to show it to Will...and well, he liked it ok. He played with it for a minute or two before moving onto something else. We got him a helmet as well, and that was definitely a huge hit. He had to wear it around the house at all times for a few days. The bike, however, was the not the hit we had imagined. Sigh.
Until today. Will rediscovered his love for the bike and has been riding it through the house "like Jack!" (Jack Black rides a mini-bike in his formerly favorite TV show/episode - Yo Gabba "New Friends" with Jack Black. I have easily seen that episode 50x.) He is really proud of his skills and it is so cute to see how proud he is to be riding like Jack.
"riding" around the kitchen with Loli close by
Will's attempt at putting on his helmet
Getting back on
just like Jack!
at 1:09 PM
Sunday, January 9, 2011
at 8:10 PM
Chad handing Will a snowball to throw
He loved it!
at 7:59 PM
In the cockpit
in the bounce house
waiting for dad to get more quarters so the airplane can fly!
at 7:54 PM
- please, thank you, gracias, hi, bye, good
- drink, milk, juice, lemonade, coke, water, aqua, coffee
- cup, straw, plate, fork, knife, spoon
- store, apple, applesauce, orange, grapes, cheese, cracker, salsa, chips, ketchup, bread, raisins, fruit snacks, toast
- santa, christmas tree, star, reindeer, candy cane, present
- airport, plane, helicopter, fly, boat
- trike, car, truck, keys
- firetruck, garbage truck, trash, stink (thanks to the book "I stink"), dump truck
- wheels, honk, beep, horn
- hose, spray, ladder
- fall, wash (in relation to doing laundry), bath, splash, clap, play, need, climb, scoop, read, walk, run, go, sit, sleep, stay, push, pull, eat, cook (in reference to putting something in the microwave), open, close, shut, throw, wait (usually with an "I" in front of these). Today he burped and said "I burp!"
- broom, mop, sweep
- bathroom vocabulary (including for the sake of documentation!) - wet, poop, pee pee, toot
- one, two, three, four, five, six (in spanish as well) - This is somewhat solicited in that we are usually counting and he chimes in.
- more, again
- bed, crib, room, pillow, blankie ("bobbie"), chair
- toothbrush, toothpaste, brush, blowdryer
- outside, moon, star, snow, rain, cold, hot
- light, dark
- guitar, bag, tent, picture, card (in reference to the memory card for my camera), clock
- pool, park, bubbles, ball, bat, slide, swing, sand, cake, castle (all in relation to things he makes in the sandbox)
- eyes, nose, mouth, tongue, head, tummy, legs, arm, feet, hands, fingers, toes
- coat, shoes, socks, shirt, pants, hat, gloves
- duck, dog, cat, kitty, bunny, sheep, horse, cow, bird, whale, turtle, fish, bee
- baby, sister
- night night
So far, he three word sentences have been "I want more", "I push car", and "I play Star (Wars)". One of my favorite two sentences together was "It's dark. I need lights."
He doesn't say his colors without being asked what color something is, so I didn't include those for now.
at 7:37 PM
Wednesday, January 5, 2011
I woke him up when I snuck in to take a picture of him, but he went right back to sleep. I wish I had a picture of him riding on the side of his crib to go with this one, but I missed that moment!
at 2:26 PM
Monday, January 3, 2011
This month Will...
* fell is love with fruit snacks, raisin bread and the store brand black cherry yogurt (which he calls "dad's yogurt"). By love, I mean he consumes massive quantities of these things... like 4-5 pieces of bread and 3 adult servings of yogurt. He would eat an endless amount of fruit snacks if I didn't hide them somewhere new everyday.
* loves Star Wars. He said "I play Stars" yesterday and grabbed Chad's hand to go upstairs and play Star Wars with him.
* loved looking at Christmas lights. He would say "wow" appropriately when we saw a really good display.
* remembers who gave him what gift. He will see his guitar and say "Chuck" and usually follow it up with "Airport Aunt Leen" which sounds more like "poor port unt een". He knows Aunt Leen and Uncle Chuck go together as well as all the other couples in his life.
* goes to bed easily. He now says good night "night night" to me downstairs and blows kisses while going upstairs with Chad to read and play before going to bed.
* counts. He has one-two down. He can count higher with help, but currently only points out things where there are two of them.
* fell in love with Dora. He really likes the only episode he has ever seen which is about a car race.
* says "I read", "I walk", "I sit", "I play", "I read", etc.
* really enjoyed spending time with Lovey, Granddad, Ahma, Bapa, Great Grandma Jo, Great Grandpa John, Great Aunt Lori, and second cousin Jessica. As expected, he was spoiled by all of them with trucks, hugs and lots of love.
at 8:15 AM
Saturday, January 1, 2011
To add to Chad's pleasure, I asked him to buy some more Star Wars things for Will. Chad seems to own a lot of the bad guys, and I would love for Will to have some good guys. He asked me twice - "Did you really just ask me to buy some Star Wars characters? Really?"
Chad is already in love with 2011. We have an exciting year ahead as we add a new little one to the family. Happy new year to all!
Playing with a lightsaber
Checking out dad's collection
Planning a trip for 2011
At the park
he loves the sand box
at 5:44 PM