Friday, July 27, 2012

Single Parenting

 Chad was out of town for 2 nights, so I had the kids all by myself. We had a lot of fun, but I really missed having Chad here. He is the closer and seems to be able to always get the kids to sleep easily and without delay.

Me, well... I don't have the touch. The kids stayed up later than normal both nights. I think Katie was looking for Chad to walk in at any minute - he has put her to bed almost all the nights of her life for the past 6 months. I think I have probably done it about 2 or 3 times since she stopped nursing. She knows this, and stalls with me.

Will likes for me to lie in bed with him and talk.  It is impossible to resist.  He asks the cutest questions and I just love this quiet time with him.  "Are monsters scary?"  "Are you going to be in the Olympics?"  (We have been talking about the Olympics a lot.)  "What are you going to dream about?"

We spent our evenings painting and swimming. Fun was had by all, we survived and I was exhausted. I commend those mamas that do this on the own all the time!

mixing her colors


trying out some highlights

LOVE this one of Will in the pool.  You can really see his eye color which i love!

Katie.  She owned the baby pool!

On the run at the splash park

she loves to drink from the fountains


dessert!  push ups!

No comments:

Post a Comment