Monday, August 20, 2012

Home Visit

Today Will's teachers came to the house to meet Will.  I thought this was such a great touch to helping Will prepare for his first day of school.  I was so excited to meet the teachers - arguably more so than Will was!

So the doorbell rang.  Will told them "Hi, I'm William, this is my sister Katie, my nanny Loli and my mommy Suzie.  I want to go watch my show."

Will is obsessed with his new favorite show Mighty Machines: Building an Airplane.  He loves it.  Apparently more than meeting his new teachers.

Luckily they were able to engage him easily.  He showed them his room, Katie's room, and our room.  He jumped on his bed (which he really doesn't do since he busted his chin open from jumping!) and was all over the place.

I wanted to get a picture of him with his teachers, and so this is the shot I got.  He wanted to make a funny face.  Of course, this is not the picture I dreamed of when I thought of a picture with his first teachers! 

My best friend Amye commented that he may not have known what to do and I think she is right!  I am not sure he really understands the concepts of "teachers" since this is his first time going to school.  He definitely was not himself so I now know that when he is in a new situation, he isn't shy... he's hyper!

No comments:

Post a Comment