Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Baby Katie

 I've struggled a bit recently with the fact that Katie is already 6m old.  It was different with Will.  I watched him grow every inch and I watched him change day to day.  I watched him wake up and I watched him fall asleep.  I had nothing else in the world to do at night but to watch him sleeping on the monitor.  He was my world, and while time went quickly, I was watching every minute. 

With Katie, life is busier.  I am busy talking to Will and watching him as he loves to climb, play with tools, and ride his scooter around the house.  At night I am tired and I often just watch some mindless TV before taking a shower and hopping into bed.  I often don't turn on the monitor after the kids are asleep.  I don't make it down the hall each night to see Katie sleeping in her crib. 

I guess it is the difference between life with 1 baby and life with 2.  I wouldn't trade it for the world and in many ways I can't remember life without her.  For now, I am taking every moment I can with Katie to enjoy her babiness.  Luckily Will is napping late these days so I have had at least an hour a day with her alone to soak in all of her.  She is such a sweet and precious little girl and I never want to forgot her as she is today.




No comments:

Post a Comment