Sunday, September 13, 2009

Rock Steady

One of the things that amazes me most is watching Will change from day to day. One day I could place anything around him and he wouldnt reach for it, the next day he put his hand in my smoothie that was next to him and while I moved that to a new location, he picked up a pen that was within reach and starting chewing on it (oops!). One day Will has no interest in rolling over, the next day he rolls. One day, he topples over when trying to sit up on his own, the next day he is rock steady. (I love this picture of him sitting up - his whole body was still and his eyes went from side to side as if to say "check this out - I am sitting up!") It seems the changes are that sudden - that overnight sleep propels him to grow into the next stage.

Tonight while I rocked Will to sleep, I found myself holding him longer and thinking that there might actually be a day when this little 5m old baby will no longer fit in my arms. While that thought makes me a little teary, it is moments like these that force me to stop, take a moment to savor the stage he is in, hold him a little tighter and rock him a little longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment