Sunday, September 20, 2009

The High Chair

Today Will had his first meal in his new high chair! He seems to love it. I love it as much as he does. He hasn't totally associated the fact that it is the new place where he will eat. He got to the point in his Bumbo seat that when you put him in it, he knew it was time to eat and he would start making the "I want to eat now" sound while looking around frantically for the white bowls we always use that he also recognizes.



So for now, he enjoys playing here as well. It is a great spot to put him where he can't fall over, roll into something, etc. while I do whatever it is that I need to do. From his chair, he can watch the dog drink and eat which happened not by great planning, but just luck. Amazing, fantastic luck. I wouldn't have imagined how entertaining this could be, but I think Will could sit here for hours, play with the Fisher Price toy that came with it (thank you FP!) and watch Maggie eat. Unfortunately, on an average day, Maggie can eat her food in less than 2 minutes. We will have to slow her down. Maybe it's time for some peanut butter...

Today I am declaring cantaloupe as Will's favorite food. I enjoy feeding him cantaloupe as we do a little "one bite for you, one bite for me." I am teaching him to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment