Thursday, September 24, 2009

Good Burp!


Yes, I actually said that. I've said it a lot in the past 5 months, and I am sure tonight was not the last time those words, said with sincerity, will come out of my mouth. It is on the list of things I never thought I would ever seriously say.

Apparently we celebrate the little things. This is probably a common thread we have with all families out there. I am not sure when this will stop, but in many ways I hope it doesn't. We very happily respond when Will rolls a ball to us, we applaud his food consumption, congratulate him when he figures out something new - like that his toy has a rattle.

At some point these things become expected. I assume the praise for giving us a big smile will go the wayside in upcoming months as Will moves onto bigger and better things. Maybe you always celebrate the small things, but the small things just change over time.

No comments:

Post a Comment