Saturday, July 10, 2010

Snuggler

This little rock lover is not a snuggler.  I can count on one hand the number of times he has truly snuggled up with me when he wasn't sick or already asleep.  So, when he does snuggle, I soak it all up and enjoy the moment as I know it is fleeting.

The other night when the Pettey 4 were in town, Will woke up crying.  Chad has suspected his teeth might be bothering him when he put him to sleep, and he was probably right.  So,  I went upstairs to give Will some Motrin and hopefully put him right back to bed. 

I gave him the Motrin while he was sitting in my lap, and when I was done, he didn't slide out of my lap as he usually does.  Instead, he put his head on my chest.  With a big smile on my face, I helped him get cozy while rubbing his back and singing him some songs.  He just laid on my chest with his blankie and would occasionally move his head from one side to the other.  When I would stop singing, he would look at me as if to tell me to continue.  At one point, I asked him if he wanted to go back in his crib and he looked at me and made a funny bird-like noise.  I  took that as he wasn't quite ready, so I kept singing and snuggling with him.  It was perfect really.  After a few more rounds of the few songs I know by heart, I put him in his crib where he quickly got comfy and was out for the night.

That time was so great for me.  I have thought about it quite a few times in the past two days.  Not that I want Will to have teething pain, but when he does, I will happily volunteer to go to his rescue. 

No comments:

Post a Comment