Friday, March 2, 2012

The Park

 The bad thing about our part of town is that many houses (including ours) do not have a yard.  The good news is there are park everywhere!  I think it is safe to say that the kids are at a park 6 out of 7 days a week, sometimes 7 out of 7.

Yesterday it was 80+ degrees here in Dallas.  For me, this is just too warm for March.  I would prefer it a little cooler, but the upside is I get to put Katie in all these darling little summer outfits.  Today I took put her in the stroller barefoot and we stopped by a little kids store on the way to the park to buy her some sandals.  I am sure we will go through a few pairs of these this summer!

Another perk of the park is that there are always other families there.  Yesterday there was a little 5 year old named Beazie who fell in love with Katie.  She pushed her in the swing, helped her up and down the slide, and generally played the role of a big sister/babysitter.  It was really sweet, and I am not sure who had the best time of the 3 of us. 

swinging!

new pink sandals

Beazie rationing the number of sticks Katie should hold

Beazie pushing Katie

Getting ready to go down the slide

looking up at an airplane

happy girl with 3 bottom teeth

i love her blues...

No comments:

Post a Comment