Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Just doing his job!

We are hitting a new stage in our house - both literally and figuratively.  I think Will gets frustrated with Katie now that she is much more mobile.  I can't quite put my finger on exactly what it is that gets to him, but I'm trying to figure it out.  It might just be normal sibling stuff.  I'm just not sure yet.

Yesterday we were playing in Katie's room.  Suddenly Katie was crying, so I asked Will - why is Katie crying?  He answered - Because I bonked her on the head with this (and he shows me a little pillow). 

I asked him why he did that and he replied - Because it's my job.

I laughed.  His answers catch me off guard.  I need to practice my responses!

It's funny because he confesses quickly.  He doesn't try to hide what he did.  Maybe that comes later.  The "because it's my job" response gets me though.  Is it in the DNA of little boys to do these things to their sisters?  It just might be... we shall see!


No comments:

Post a Comment