Sunday, August 18, 2013

Seaside Day 2


So I do the packing for the 4 of us.  It seems I forgot all of Chad's swim shirts and suits.  Oops!

So, after purchasing some swimwear, we headed down to the beach!  It was a perfectly sunny day and I lathered the kids up with sunscreen but unfortunately forgot to do my own legs.  They are a nice shade of lobster red.  (I told Will that my legs will peel, explained that it would be a very thin layer of skin, and he asked with a big smile "Will I get to see your bones?")

Will and Chad learned to boogie board and they had a great time doing it.  We had a scare where we thought we lost Will.  He told Chad he didn't want to boogie board any more, but must have changed his mind.  He went in the water on his own and when I looked up and didn't see him, I panicked.  Will had boogie boarded a ways down the beach - the current was strong and pulled him that way.  It was truly terrifying for the moments when we didn't know where he was.  I just kept fearing that I would see his boogie board, but not him.  Luckily, he was just fine.  He came out of the water and was looking for us, so a nice lady was helping him find us.  It was such a relief to see him doing just fine, although I think Chad and I will have nightmares about this incident for a while.

We went to dinner with our friends the Methvins who are staying just two doors down.  Their kids, Lila and Nolan, are the same ages as Will and Katie.  It has been so fun to have them here during the same week!

Getting ready to head to the beach


Heading down to our chairs







He looks like a natural!




Beach side yoga



No comments:

Post a Comment