Sunday, March 17, 2013

Spring Break

When Will got his schedule for school, I looked for the week of Spring Break and immediately starting planning a trip!  My good friend Meagan had just returned from a Disney Cruise and raved about it.  We looked into it and next thing you know, we were all set for a 4-night cruise and 2 days at Disney World with my parents!

I think we planned this last April, so there has been much anticipation about this trip!  Our wonderful Disney Travel Agent and good friend Kelli took care of all the details, and we had a fabulous time!

I hadn't cruised in about 5 years and I had forgotten how much I loved it!  The boat was truly amazing, the service fantastic and the staff was the absolute friendliest.  The kids loved it and so did we.  Katie got to play in the nursery during the day and at dinner, and Will got to go to the kids club.  Both were impressive!

Chad and I got some down time while the kids were at their clubs and we were able to watch Oz in 3-D and just relax. The cruise was truly a vacation for all.

Disney World wasn't quite as relaxing, but it was a lot of fun!  The kids enjoyed it - Chad and Will especially enjoyed Star Tours.  I think Will rode it a total of 4 times - including rides with Lovey and Granddad.  The kids loved traveling with their grandparents and so did I!

Every time Katie saw Mickey Mouse she would point and say "Mouse!"  There is something derogatory about pointing and yelling "mouse" and I am pretty sure we laughed every single time this happened.

One of the highlights not pictured was seeing Will and Katie interact.  They really are sweet friends who often share well, play together, and truly enjoy each other.  I loved listening to their squeals as they played, hearing Will ask Katie to follow him, and hearing Katie reply "Coming Toto".  Nothing makes me smile bigger than seeing them happily playing together.


On the plane home, Will, while snacking on chips, looked at me and said "During take off, I need to swallow a lot.  But I don't know how to swallow baked lays!"  I guess he usually drinks during take off and landing, and associated swallowing with drinking.  It is these sweet little things that he says that make me smile every time I think of them.

We are back home now and looking into a cruise for 2014!  Our travel agent is a true Disney expert, so if you need help planning a trip, let me know and I can connect you with Kelli!

Arrival in Orlando

At the Kid's Club - Katie embellishing someone else's picture (oops!) and hula hooping on the dance floor

Will gets his wristband for the Aqua Duck

In line for the Aqua Duck

Chad and Will on the Aqua Duck

Katie's water area - Nemo's Reef.  Also known as Katie's Water Fountains





She LOVED the water slide

Ice Cream on deck


Castaway Cay - Cabana time!

View from our balcony

Will and Katie loved being on the beach!




Enjoying some post swimming snacks


Hammock Time


Making sand castles with Granddad

Granddad made MANY trips to fill buckets with water




Pirate Night - Will meets Mickey!

With his gold coins!

Leaving the boat on the Magical Express


Arrival at the Polynesian

Katie applies her own sunscreen

The kids loved the Carousel


Strolling around the parks

Will's new ears





At the beach outside our hotel


Heading home - at the airport in San Antonio

Will and Teddy watching out the airplane window




No comments:

Post a Comment