Monday, November 15, 2010

"I Love Trucks"

While Will has been under the weather,  I have spent extra time rocking him before putting him in his crib for the night. He talks a lot these days and so we often chat about his day.  I ask him questions about the things he does, and he talks and talks about the things he loves.  Right now, Uncle Chuck's guitar, Aunt Leen's car and Bapa's car are top of the list as well as anything involving our neighbor Tara.  Planes are also quite popular - especially helicopters.  Trucks remain an important part of his life and he seems to favor fire trucks over all others. 

Thinking we were done rehashing his day, I asked him "You know I love you" and he replied "Yah.  I love trucks."

I had never heard him say "I love" anything!  It was super cute and definitely a moment I will always remember.

On Sunday we took him to see trucks at an event called Truck Time.  At Truck Time, you can sit in all kinds of trucks.  He loved the ambulance, fire truck and red cross hummer.  The big trucks may have seemed too big to him and all the honking scared him a little.  Otherwise, he could have sat in his favorite three all day long.  We kept going back to them...I think this will be an annual trip for us!


Deputy Sheriff
Enjoying icee

No comments:

Post a Comment