Friday, August 6, 2010

Will's big news!

It's true!  Will is getting a baby brother or sister in February.  I am due 2/11/11 but will have the baby a week or 2 early - I am shooting for 2/2 and then Will and this baby will be 22 months apart to the day!

On Tuesday, 8/8, I knew I was pregnant.  I just knew.  I can't explain it, but I knew.  So, that night I wrote a little card for Will to hand Chad if my pregnancy test came back positive.  On Wednesday morning, the results were in!  I had Will walk in the kitchen that morning carrying a little card that said "Dad, Great news!  I am going to be a big brother!"  Chad read it and looked at me in shock.  It was a perfect moment in time that I still enjoy reliving. 

At our first appointment they did a sonogram so we could hear the heartbeat - always a special and confirming moment at every appointment.  Then she showed us the baby and said "I think there might be 2".  I wasn't ready for that news, so I responded "please say that isn't so!"  Not the best reaction - especially if we were really having twins!  Anyway, it turns out there is just one baby (phew!), as we found out the next day (24 hours of wondering!).

Aside from one miscarriage scare, some extreme tiredness, and a case of strep throat, I have had a great first 13 weeks.  Most notable is that my vision has improved significantly.  I don't wear contacts or glasses anymore, and I have worn them daily for probably 15 or so years.  It's hard to know if it's a permanent change or not, so I will just enjoy it while I have it.

So I named this blog Wednesdays with Will for a fun reason you can read about here, so sadly, baby #2 will likely be shortchanged and not get a mention in the URL.  Sigh.  And so it begins for our second child.  As a second child, I can joke about these things.  I don't have much of a baby book and my parents cannot seem to remember the details of my childhood like they can for my older sister.  Like when I asked them recently when it was that I got my first tooth.  Answer..."You?  Well, you know, I'm not sure.  Kathleen was 7 months old and we were in the car on a road trip.  I looked back at her and suddenly there was a little tooth there." 

I get it now.  I can only imagine how busy Will is going to be at 22 months when baby #2 arrives.  Baby #2 will probably seem easy by comparison!  By the way, I look forward to the day (maybe August 23!) where we find out the sex so I won't call Baby #2 Baby #2 any longer!

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I hope the rest of the pregnancy goes well. Having two is twice the fun!
    : ) Chelsea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Suzie, what a wonderful way to tell Chad! I love it!! I'm so excited for you and your fabulous family! Baby #2 is already so blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic news Suzie and a fantastic story to go with it. I look forward to meeting Will's little brother or sister!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations to you, Chad and Will!

    ReplyDelete