Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Size 7

It wasn't that long ago that I wrote this post.  In the 3 months since that post, Will went from a size 5 to a size 7 shoe.  Seriously. 

He started to grow out of each pair of his sandals - which apparently must have run big.  Upon our return from San Diego, I bought him a pair of size 6 shoes - I thought they would last a while since I skipped size 5.5.  However, within a few weeks, say three, his toe was at the end of his shoe.

Since we live in Texas, I suspect Will will wear sandals through the better part of October.  So yesterday I went shoe shopping for him.  The first stop did not have but one pair of sandals that I didn't think were cute, so I figured Stride Rite would be the best place to go next.  A kids shoe store - surely they would have options!

Apparently sandals are off the shelves in favor of fall shoes.  Mind you, the car thermometer read 106 degrees when I was driving.  It is clearly still sandal weather and will be for a while!  So while we were in the store (and after Will rode a mechanical shoe - his first "ride" I guess), I asked the sales rep to measure Will's foot so I could look online for sandals.

Size 7.  Size 7!  What about all those cute fall shoes I bought in a size 6?  My shop-ahead philosophy failed me here!  Now I am off to replenish the supply of shoes so my son doesn't have to go barefoot to a party this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment