Friday, December 11, 2009

My favorite Friday


Our nanny needed the day off, so I took the day off to stay home with Will. As a result, I think nanny needs to take more time off... I had a great time today.

When Will was having his morning yogurt, I noticed another little tooth next to the one that showed up last week. He officially has 2 (sharp!) lower teeth. Since he got his first tooth, he now loves to carry something in his mouth when he crawls. It can be anything really, a toy, a piece of paper... you name it. I think he is just proud that he has something to hold it in his mouth when he crawls.

I went to get Will from his nap, and when I walked in the room, he was standing up in his crib waiting for me. He was oh so proud of himself - he had the biggest grin on his face. At this point, I felt like the universe was with me in that he was doing these things for the first time on the first day I have had alone with him since he was 3 months old. (Seriously!)

I put Will in his Santa suit and took him out Christmas shopping. We headed to North Park and we completely lucked into getting his picture taken with Santa! Someone in line had an extra ticket and gave it to us. We waited all of 15 minutes before it was our turn! It was cute to see Santa on Santa's lap. Will didn't know what to think, so he just held onto Santa's beard for dear life.

After this awesome day with Will, I would really like to consider going to a 4-day work week. Maybe that is what I will ask for for Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment