Thursday, November 19, 2009

Lowering the crib...


There have been only 2 times now that I can remember where I have become a little sad that Will is growing so quickly. When he moved from the 4 oz bottles to the 8 oz bottles, I remember thinking that he could never drink that much and that the bottles looked so big. I was sad for the upgrade as it meant he was no longer tiny...

Since then, I have had only one more moment where I was sad. Today we had to lower his crib. Yesterday he couldn't pull himself up and today he can! When I watched him pull himself up using the top of the crib to hold him, I called for Chad that we needed to lower the crib immediately! We did, and now his room looks so different. I really enjoyed going into his room these past few mornings and seeing his little smiling face just over the crib. He would sit up and wait for us to come in. Also, it was easy on the back just to lower him in to go to bed.

Well, we lowered the crib to the lowest rung. I am not sure our nanny will even be able to lower him into the crib without a little step ladder! We will find out tomorrow. His room has a different look to it now, and I am a little nostalgic for the days when he was little and immobile.

Now, he is just so fun and I love watching him attempt to crawl. I assume he will put it all together any day now and we will be chasing him 24x7. He is at a new fun stage where he is saying "dada" and lots of other things, and he has a smile that lights up the world. While I am sad to leave some of the stages we enjoyed, I am looking forward to all that lies ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment