Monday, January 21, 2013

Almost 2

It's hard to believe Katie is almost 2.  In many ways, I think she is already 2.  She is an active little girl always trying to keep up with her brother, so in many ways she is more like a 2 year old.  On the flip side, I just cannot believe how fast the years go.  While the days can sometimes take so long to pass, the years go by quickly.

Katie is saying a lot of words and she loves to repeat words when her brother asks her to.  She loves her babies and often wakes up and immediately asks about them, feeds them, takes them for stroller rides and shushes me when I talk and they are sleeping.  She just adores the book "Little Mommy" and I would say this is among her favorites.  She loves her books, so she has a few favorites, but she will bring this one to us and sit down.

Katie has a great sense of humor.  This is something I have noticed with her much earlier than I noticed with Will.  She will do things to make you laugh, and she knows when she is funny so she will often laugh before we do.  She loves when her Daddy chases her, and she is actually really fast and good at not getting caught.

She is a snuggler.  She loves to be held, is content to sit in my lap and put on bracelets, take them off, and repeat.  She loves to color and unfortunately she thinks everything around her is her canvas.  We have some new colors on our rug, on our walls, and on our tile.

She brings us so much happiness and so many smiles.  Just looking at these pictures on this post brings a smile to my face.  She is a happy, healthy baby and I couldn't be luckier than to be her mom.









putting baby in the swing

giving her a push

budding photographer

Sidewalk chalk!


No comments:

Post a Comment